Note: You have reached an old Web page, please go to: Speaking.com for the current site
Professional Speaking at Meetings, Conferences and Staff Training Sessions
- The Zen Of Business, Life and Golf
Wisdom from the game of golf for success in business and life
- Winning with PAR
Optimum performance through Preparation, Action, and Response to results
- The Three C’s in Success
Clarity, commitment and composure
These presentations give participants the tools to have perspective and purpose, with focus and follow-through, to conquer the challenges of business and life.
Educational materials can be produced to accompany presentations, customized for your meeting or staff training session.
for Business Meetings and Conferences
Dr. Parent is available for a wide variety of flexible corporate and business programs. Bring your corporate group to Dr. Parent's home course, beautiful Rancho San Marcos Golf Club, near Santa Barbara, California; or Dr. Parent will travel to a site of your choice.
- A pre-round presentation (sometimes at breakfast or lunch), or seminar of up to two hours
- Practice area instruction preceding play - clinic-style for the group, plus individual instruction as time permits
- On-the-course playing tips during the round, either stationed at one hole for each foursome as they play through, or playing one or more holes with selected foursomes
Topics during the pre-round presentation emphasize mental game skills valuable for both golf and business:
- Clarity - a clear picture of where to go and how to get there
- Commitment - decisive and one-pointed action
- Composure - at ease but still focused and un-distracted
- Course management - balancing risk Vs. reward for optimal decision-making
- Silence your inner critic - replace negative self-talk with a winning attitude
- Take the big perspective - ride the ups and downs with poise, humor and humility